Inactivate viruses, bacteria and parasites in plasma components independently of whether they have been identified as specific blood supply risks.
- Render pathogens inactive with a proprietary molecule that binds to and blocks replication of the DNA and RNA that bacteria, viruses and parasites need to replicate
- Effectively reduce the risk of transfusion-transmitted infections (TTI)
- Potentially reduce the risk of transfusion-associated graft versus host disease (TA-GVHD)
Add an additional layer of safety to plasma transfusions through pathogen reduction.
- Store and prepare pathogen-reduced, whole-blood-derived or apheresis plasma with the INTERCEPT Blood System's single-use plasma processing sets and an ultraviolet (UVA) illumination device
- Prepare plasma for passive immune transfusion therapy of acutely infected patients
This information is intended for physicians and healthcare professionals only.
Product registration and availability vary by country. For more information on product availability, please contact us here.