Partially replace plasma in preparation of platelet concentrates.
- Replace up to 80% plasma (80% PAS: 20% plasma)
- Reduce plasma transfused with platelets
- Increase plasma volume recovery for transfusion or other uses
- Decrease adverse reactions associated with plasma transfusion
Use platelet concentrates that meet the European Council and AABB requirements.
- Platelet recovery from buffy coat pools and the final volumes of platelet concentrates were similar to those obtained by automated processing
- Platelet count in the leucoreduced platelet concentrates remained stable after 5 and 7 days of storage
- Throughout the entire storage period the pH values were within the established range
Extend platelet shelf life for longer preservation.
- Extend platelet shelf life up to 7 days*
- Reduce platelet activation and metabolism
- Help prevent platelet aggregation
- Maintain membrane stability
- Improve functionality of platelets
- Maintain pH
- Stock PAS III M solution for up to 3 years
*Plaza EM et al. Blood Transfus 2012;10:480-9 / Council of Europe. European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines and HealthCare (EDQM). Guide to the preparation, use and quality assurance of blood components. Strasbourg: Council of Europe Pub; 2011 / American Association of Blood Banks. Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services. 27th ed. Bethesda, MD: American Association of Blood Banks, 2011